Charles Lamb was one of the early settlers of Frankford township in Mower County. He was born in Wells, Vermont in 1831 and worked his father’s farm until 1856, when he came to Mower County and pre-empted 160 acres of land. Lamb acquired the grist mill of John and George Rymal in the village of Frankford, and ran it until it burned in 1861. He also ran a small store in the village, and served a time as postmaster. He was listed in an 1866 directory as owner of a retail grocery store in Frankford.
The typeset note printed for Charles Lamb was similar to one printed for S. Y. Hyde of Fillmore.